Unhealthy In the U.S.A.
There’s no question that the overall health of Americans has declined over the past decade, and doesn’t show signs of improving.
Why? You ask. With all the advances in science and medicine, you’d think we’d have found solutions for the countless diseases plaguing the population of our great nation. Wouldn’t you? I find it mind-boggling that we have cellular phones, computers, internet, virtual reality, drones, GPS tracking, robotic surgeons, and voice-controlled houses, yet the number of people diagnosed with, or who have died from diseases like cancer is rising.
I just read about a hybrid robotic animal, created by scientists at Harvard, to help biologist study how muscle cells communicate with each other. It’s a nickel-size stingray with a gold skeleton covered in a stretchy polymer to which rat muscle cells are attached. Pulsing light makes the ray “swim”. Biologist intend to use this robot to gain information needed to build a heart that’s half-muscle, half-machine.
I’m sorry, I fail to believe that scientist who are capable of making a robotic stingray the size of a nickel, haven’t found a cure for cancer and/or many other diseases.
An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure
Maybe a cure isn’t the answer….
Benjamin Franklin once said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”, and I think he was on to something.
My interpretation of Mr. Franklin’s wise words, in reference to health, is the following: I need to do everything I can, every single day, to prevent my body from becoming a toxic wasteland with weak muscles and oxygen-deprived cells that aren’t capable of fighting off disease. Rather than dealing with the repercussions if I don’t. Most of us are just regular people, with regular jobs and regular lives. We aren’t capable of advancing technology or of re-inventing the wheel. But we are capable of controlling what we put into our bodies and controlling what we do with our bodies.
Processed food is not healthy food, in fact, the majority of it isn’t really food at all….
By processed I mean, any food that has been canned, dehydrated or had chemicals added to it. These foods make-up 60% of the average American diet. Let’s take a look at some of the toxic ingredients commonly found in processed food and the effect that these ingredients can have on the human body:
- Palm Oil– when a regular fat-like corn, soybean, or palm oil is blasted with hydrogen and turned into a solid, it becomes a trans fat. These anti-nutrients help packaged foods stay “fresh”, this allows the food to sit on the store’s shelf for years without getting stale or rotting. Trans fats raise your LDL cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol) and triglyceride levels and lower your HDL cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein cholesterol) or “good” cholesterol levels. These fats also increase your risk of blood clots and heart attack.
- Shortening– shortening (partially hydrogenated oil) is also a trans fat, which clogs your arteries and causes obesity. It also increases your risk of Metabolic Syndrome (a cluster of conditions, like increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels; which occur together, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes). Instead, choose monounsaturated fats, like olive, peanut and canola oils.
- White Flour, Rice, Pasta, and Bread– most of the nutrients are sucked out in an effort to extend shelf-life in refined, whole grains. Bran and germ are removed, therefore leaving no fiber, vitamins, or minerals. These stripped down, refined grains send your blood sugar and insulin levels thru the roof, which over time can lead to, damaged nerves and blood vessels; which lead to complications, such as heart disease, stroke, blindness, and kidney failure. Replace processed grains with whole grains, like brown and wild rice, barley, oatmeal, and whole-wheat bread and pasta.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)– According to researchers at Tufts University, Americans consume more calories from HFCS than any other source. HFCS is in practically EVERYTHING!! It increases triglycerides, boosts fat-storing hormones, and drives people to overeat and gain weight.
- Artificial Sweeteners– Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal), saccharin (Sweet’N Low, SugarTwin), and sucralose (Splenda). These supposedly diet-friendly sweeteners may actually be doing more harm than good! Studies suggest that artificial sweeteners trick the brain into forgetting that sweetness means extra calories, making people more likely to keep eating sweets more and more. Scan ingredient labels for all artificial sweeteners and if you see any of these killer ingredients, don’t buy them!!!
- Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Benzoate– These preservatives are sometimes added to soda to prevent mold from growing, but benzene is a known carcinogen that is also linked to serious thyroid damage. Dangerous levels of benzene can build up when plastic bottles of soda are exposed to heat or when the preservatives are combined with ascorbic acid (vitamin C). It has the ability to deprive the cells of oxygen, it breaks down the immune system and can cause cancer. Sodium benzoate is derived from a reaction of benzoic acid with sodium hydroxide, sodium benzoate is actually the sodium salt of benzoic acid. Sodium benzoate is a known carcinogenic additive which, when eaten or applied to the skin, gets transported to the liver, where it is supposed to be filtered and expelled in urine, but the damage gets done before that process is ever completed. Sodium benzoate chokes out your body’s nutrients at the DNA, cellular-level by depriving mitochondria cells of oxygen, sometimes shutting them down completely. Cells need oxygen to function properly and to fight off infection, including cancer. The FDA says it’s safe because the amount used to preserve foods is very low, but don’t ever combine it with vitamin C or E, as this causes benzene to be formed. This is extremely dangerous!!!
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA)– BHA is another potentially cancer-causing preservative that has been deemed safe by the FDA. Its job is to help prevent spoilage and food poisoning, but it’s a major endocrine disruptor and can seriously mess with your hormones. It’s found in cosmetics, cereals, baked goods, animal feeds, packaging, snack foods, chewing gum, meats, butter, dehydrated potatoes, beer and more. BHA at acute doses caused renal and hepatic damage in male rats. Short-term repeated exposure to comparable doses produced hepatic toxic effects in male and female rats. Subchronic feeding and intraperitoneal studies in rats with BHT at lower doses produced increased liver weight and decreased the activity of several hepatic enzymes. In addition to liver and kidney effects, BHT applied to the skin was associated with toxic effects in lung tissue. BHT has been found to enhance and to inhibit the humoral immune response in animals. BHT has been associated with hepatocellular and pulmonary adenomas in animals, it has also been shown to have tumor promotion effects. Various mechanism studies suggested that BHT toxicity is related to an electrophilic metabolite. In provocative skin tests, BHT produced positive reactions in a small number of patients, as well as depigmentation.
- Sodium Nitrates and Sodium Nitrites– These two preservatives are found in processed meats like bacon, lunch meat, and hot dogs. They’re believed to cause colon cancer and metabolic syndrome.
- Artificial Food Dyes Blue, Green, Red, and Yellow– The artificial food colors blue 1 and 2, green 3, red 3, and yellow 6, have all been linked to thyroid, adrenal, bladder, kidney, and brain cancers.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)– is a processed “flavor enhancer.” While glutamates are present in some natural foods, such as meat and cheese, the ones exploited by the processed-foods industry are separated from their host proteins through hydrolysis. High levels of free glutamates have been shown to seriously mess with the chemistry in the brain. Ingesting this toxin can cause diabetes, adrenal gland malfunction, seizures, high blood pressure, excessive weight gain, stroke and other health problems.
- Methylcyclopropene– This gas is pumped into crates of apples to stop them from producing ethylene, the natural hormone that ripens fruit. Commonly known as SmartFresh, this chemical preserves apples for up to a year and bananas up to a month. Sulphur dioxide serves the same purpose when sprayed on grapes.
- Astaxanthin– almost 90-percent of salmon sold in supermarkets today come from farms. The diet of farmed salmon doesn’t include crustaceans, which contains a natural astaxanthin that causes pink flesh in wild salmon. As a result, producers add astaxanthin to farm-salmon diets for that fresh-from-the-water appearance. Astaxanthin is manufactured from coal tar.
- Benzoic Acid/Sodium Benzoate– often added to milk and meat products, these preservatives are used in many foods, including drinks, low-sugar products, cereals, and meats. Both temporarily inhibit the proper functioning of digestive enzymes and cause headaches, stomach upset, asthma attacks and hyperactivity in children.
- Canthaxanthin– egg yolks don’t always come out golden yellow, so producers use this pigment to make them more palatable. Although the amounts used are very small, tests have shown greater quantities of canthaxanthin can cause retinal damage.
- Emulsifiers– emulsifiers are made from vegetable fats, glycerol, and organic acids. They are used to extend the shelf life of bread products and allow the mixing of liquids that wouldn’t normally combine smoothly, such as oil and water. Many reduced-fat or low-calorie products use emulsifiers. Commercial emulsifiers also are used in low-calorie butter, margarine, salad dressings, mayonnaise and ice cream. Emulsifying agents used in foods include agar, albumin, alginates, casein, egg yolk, glycerol monostearate, xanthan gums, Irish moss, lecithin, and soaps.
- Olestra– the FDA approved this fake fat for use in snack foods several years ago, over objections from dozens of researchers. Their concern was that Olestra inhibits our ability to absorb the healthy vitamins in fruits and vegetables thought to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. Even at low doses, Olestra is commonly known to cause “anal leakage” and other gastrointestinal problems. Perhaps this is why the FDA requires foods containing Olestra carry a warning label.
- Partially-Hydrogenated Oils– hydrogenation is the process of heating an oil and passing hydrogen bubbles through it. The fatty acids in the oil then acquire some of the hydrogen, which makes it denser. If you fully hydrogenate, you create a solid (a fat) out of the oil. But if you stop part way, you create a semi-solid, partially hydrogenated oil with the consistency of butter. Because this process is so much cheaper than using butter, partially-hydrogenated oils are found in many, many foods. Their addictive properties have linked partially-hydrogenated oils to weight problems caused by a slowed metabolism and the development of diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
- Sodium Nitrate and Nitrate– these closely related chemicals have been used for centuries to preserve meat. While nitrate itself is harmless, it easily converts to nitrite which, when combined with secondary-amines compounds form nitrosamines, a powerful cancer-exacerbating chemical. This chemical reaction occurs easily during the frying process.
These are some of the worst ingredients currently being used today, but there are many others, all of which have negative, even deadly effects on our health. Don’t chance it, EAT ORGANIC!!!!
But what about the environmental factors we can’t avoid, like the air we breathe? What can we do about the things that we unknowingly come into contact with every day, that are having a negative impact on our health….
To find out some of the options available, KEEP READING!!!
Ozone Purification Therapy, Detoxification, and Cleansing
What is Ozone Purification Therapy?
Ozone Purification Therapy is a therapy in which ozone is used to oxygenate the blood and tissues.
How is Ozone Purification Therapy applied?
There are several different applications of Ozone Purification available, the most popular of those being the use of a steam sauna cabinet and an ozone generator, like the ones pictured below.
An Ozone Purification Steam Sauna session is usually 30 minutes long and is very peaceful and relaxing. You simply get undressed, step-inside the sauna cabinet, close the lid, sit back and let all your worries; along with most aches and pains, drift away. Let me elaborate on the process. The ozone generator, connected to a source of oxygen (usually an oxygen bottle like the ones used by welders, or the ones you see being used by people requiring an oxygen mask for treatment), changes oxygen (O2) into ozone (O3), then pumps the ozone into the steam sauna cabinet. At the same time, the sauna cabinet continues to keep hot steam pumping into the enclosed area of the cabinet where the individual is seated. Very much like what you experience when you sit in a steam sauna at the gym or local health club. Only your body is enclosed inside the cabinet, your head remains outside the cabinet; preventing any ozone gas from entering your lungs directly.
Once the ozone enters your body transdermally (thru the skin) it is transformed back into oxygen, which floods your body and saturates your blood in a mere 30 minute time period. We all know that our bodies require oxygen to survive, but did you know that due to the increasingly low quality of the air we breathe every day, that most of our cells are forced to function using fewer and fewer amounts of oxygen? Studies done by scientists show that air in earliest times contained about 35 percent oxygen. Today, the average oxygen content of our air is approximately 20 percent and in larger, more polluted cities, the oxygen content in the air has been measured at 12 – 15 percent. Anything less than 7 percent is not able to support human life. Low air quality combined with excessive acidity, high-stress lifestyles, poor food choices, and a lack of exercise are all factors contributing to the increase in cancers, cardiovascular diseases, and chronic degenerative diseases in America today. Ozone therapy has been used to treat over 100 conditions and/or diseases, allergies, arthritis, candidiasis, cirrhosis of the liver, Hep-C, endometritis, gout, herpes, hypotension, influenza, psoriasis, shingles, syphilis, tendinitis, tuberculosis, and vascular retinopathy, just to name a few. Its success rate in the treatment and prevention of so many diseases and/or health conditions is achieved by simply “flooding your body with oxygen”. Not only does ozone therapy deliver much-needed oxygen to the cells of the body, which allows them to function at optimal levels; but it also prevents diseases from starting in the first place. No anaerobic organisms can survive in a fully oxygenated environment. What do you think a disease is? That’s right, all diseases stem from anaerobes that have envaded the body. You owe it to yourself, to find out more about Ozone Purification Therapy and to begin your journey to better health, by becoming a regular Ozone Therapy user. Contact me today for more information, or visit my websiteO3therapy.net
Another preventative measure we can take, to avoid many health complications and/or life-threatening diseases is by, cleansing and detoxifying the organs of the body.
We only have one body to live in and that body has to last us a lifetime, so take care of yours!!!!
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to comment.
Blessings to all,
Be-Envied, Health and Fitness